Since using Terminal.app in Lion 10.7(.2), I've noticed some strange behaviour when editing files through SSH.
I use nano on the command line to tweak config files on remote servers and the strange behaviours have included:
- Characters randomly not registering after the keypress
- Backspace sometimes not deleting a character
- Characters deleting but not showing visually as deleted
- Insert and overwrite randomly switching places
Thanks to this short blog post, it's now fixed, here's how:
- Go to Terminal's preferences pane and click the 'Advanced' tab
- Change the 'Declare terminal as:' drop-down to: xterm-color
Save, restart and reconnect and you should find nano works perfectly.